There’s something that needs to be said: travel to Italy this summer – you will not be disappointed.
Italy’s beautiful scenery and fascinating culture make this country adorable from all angles. It is diverse and intriguing in so many ways, which is why so many travellers and visitors from all over the globe have always immersed themselves in a magnificent cultural experience. They have over 46.1 million tourists every year making it the fifth most visited country in the world!
Italy is widely popular for its rich art and creative endeavours, that’s without mentioning their delicious cuisine and traditional dishes that are famous for their simplistic yet perfectioned eloquence. Their history and fashion are both great too, for those looking to learn about the admirable country or to go shopping in famous fashion spots. Their landscapes are amazing to look at and absorb while soaking in their unique ancient monuments.
The country has more World Heritage Sites than any other country in the world, which says a lot about the level of popularity drawn to Italy. This means that tourism is undoubtedly one of Italy’s fastest growing and most profitable industries.
Italy is the native land of the Roman Empire and continues to attract so many people from all over, it truly is a remarkable and international place. The diversity makes it interesting and with plenty to do, you will never get bored.
Some of the most well-loved cities in Italy include:
- Rome, which is the country’s cultural and religious centre. The Colosseum and the Vatican Museums are, of course, the most visited places.
- Cinque Terre – a string of centuries-old seaside villages scattered so perfectly along the Italian Riviera coastline. There are colourful houses and vineyards all around accompanied by the posh and satisfying harbours.
- Venice with its romantic aura and ancient palaces, art and world famous canal is an absolute treasure to experience and embrace.
- Florence, the city of the Renaissance and simply divine in more ways than one is somewhere to be fully enjoyed.
- Genoa, one of the medieval maritime republics, a very capturing place to be in.
- Naples, one of the oldest cities of the western world, with a historic city centre that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site – very impressive!
- Pisa, another medieval maritime republic, is home to the world-famous Leaning Tower, constantly grabbing the attention of visiting tourists.
- Turin, the first capital of Italy, containing precious historical knowledge ready for travellers to soak up.
- The Alps in the North, crowded with people in every season of the year to enjoy the beautiful slopes. Could you resist?
- Sicily, a volcanic island in the south. The surroundings there are also idyllic and different to the other beautiful cities in Italy.
Whether you’re planning a world trip or wish to see snippets of the world, travel to Italy this year. Find time to do so, you will not be disappointed!
Written by Gemma Smith