Entomatadas are a classic Mexican dish that is perfect for any meal of the day. They are easy to make, delicious, and packed with flavor. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make entomatadas, along with some tips and tricks to make them even more delicious.
What are Entomatadas?
Entomatadas are a traditional Mexican dish that consists of tortillas filled with a tomato-based sauce. The sauce is made with tomatoes, onions, garlic, and chili peppers, and it is usually served with chicken or cheese. Entomatadas are similar to enchiladas, but they are made with a tomato-based sauce instead of a chili-based sauce.
To make entomatadas, you will need the following ingredients:
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 serrano peppers
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of shredded chicken or cheese
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a blender, blend the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and serrano peppers until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the tomato mixture to the skillet and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip each tortilla in the sauce and fill it with shredded chicken or cheese.
- Roll up the tortilla and place it in a baking dish.
- Repeat until all the tortillas are filled and rolled up.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the tortillas.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Tips and Tricks
- To make the sauce spicier, add more serrano peppers.
- To make the sauce milder, remove the seeds from the serrano peppers.
- You can use any type of cheese you like, such as queso fresco or Monterey Jack.
- If you don’t have chicken broth, you can use water instead.
- You can also add some cooked shredded chicken to the sauce for extra protein.
Entomatadas are a delicious and easy-to-make Mexican dish that is perfect for any occasion. With this recipe, you can make your own entomatadas at home and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills. So why not give it a try and enjoy this classic Mexican dish today?
Some Fun Facts
- Entomatadas are a traditional Mexican dish made from fried corn tortillas that are stuffed with cheese or chicken and smothered in a tomato-based sauce.
- The tomato sauce used in entomatadas is usually made from roasted tomatoes, onions, garlic, and chili peppers.
- Entomatadas are similar to enchiladas, but they are made with a tomato-based sauce instead of a chili-based sauce.
- The cheese used in entomatadas is typically queso fresco, but other types of cheese can also be used.
- Entomatadas can be served with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
- Entomatadas are a popular comfort food in Mexico and are often served for breakfast or brunch.
- The word “entomatada” comes from the Spanish word “tomate,” which means tomato.
- Entomatadas are a versatile dish that can be customized to suit individual tastes by adding different types of cheese or meat.
- Entomatadas are a healthy dish that is low in calories and high in protein